Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:31 AM   #1
Default Camera challenged; need fast shutter speed

Hi -- I've read through some other posts similar to mine, but I'm afraid my budget is making this more challenging...

I am in need of a camera that will allow me to take mostly daytime action shots (kids sports, playing in the yard, etc.). I do usually go through the shots and crop them a bit for posting online, so I would suppose the more megapixels the better (? -- am not sure that's correct...) I have a few point-and-shoot cameras but the lag is driving me nuts.

However, I know NOTHING about photography. I tend to get cute shots because I take a zillion photos and once in a while a few turn out better than expected... I wouldn't be opposed to educating myself though.

Unfortunately I don't have much to spend (would REALLY love to keep this in the $200ish range). I was initially going to buy another point-and-shoot, but am reconsidering...

1. To avoid lag (but considering my newbieness), would I want a DSLR?
2. Would the camera that I could afford (if one exists) create photos with a large enough file size to allow for cropping?

Thanks very much.
mcaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2

Your budget is the serious limiting factor here- for speed(and autofocus speed),zoom(for sports) and image quality I would suggest looking at Panasonics FZ bridge camera range.
The FZ150 is the "Daddy",but out of your price range... maybe if you go back a couple of steps in the range... possibly the FZ45 is closer to your price range,though obviously not quite as competent as the FZ150..... or the FZ100...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote