Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Default Nikon S8100 vs. Canon Powershot 310HS

Hi, I'm new here, just found this board, so excited!!!

I am looking for a new carry around camera to replace my aging Sony (we also have a D90).

I've been looking at the Nikon S8100 and the Canon Powershot 310HS. What do you suggest or should I look at something else? I have a DD4 so I take alot of photos in different lighting and occasionally take alot of video also.

Or should I stick with Sony? Costco has the Sony HX9V in stock right now that I also looked at.

I'm so confused!! I keep reading reviews and reviews and don't know what to get. The Nikon is $180, the Canon is $199 and the Sony is $260 (I think). Price isn't a main factor for me, I want quality and want it to last, I keep my cameras until the no longer work.

Thank you so much!! We are leaving for Disneyland on Thursday so I am starting to get desperate

(I just posted this on a new thread and it didn't work, so forgive me if this comes up twice)
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:43 PM   #2

I'm so sorry, my first post came up so this is a duplicate. Sorry
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:35 PM   #3

The Nikon S8100 is a nice camera- if it had full manual control I would have one myself..(maybe not an issue for you..?)
The Canon has manual control(in the menu) but I don't like touch-screens...(maybe you do..?)
The Sony is a nice bit of kit also- with some very interesting(and useful) features on board- it also has some manual control.
Maybe one of the Panasonic "TZ" series might be worth a look also....
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote