Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:13 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Wildlifephoto View Post
I have been looking at alot of reviews on the D7000 and D5100 by Nikon and I think I narrowed down to the D7000, the camera store here has the Canon 60D and it does feel real solid and it seems like an awesome camera, my question is for the price is the Nikon D7000 that much better than the Canon 60D. Any advise on the users of both of these cameras would be appreciated. randy

At this level, the distinction is more between lens options, menus and how they flow, the feel of the camera in your hand as opposed to which is the better camera-both are excellent.

As has been mentioned, go to a camera shop and try both of them out. Before you go, make a short list of what's important TO YOU. Then, discuss those issues with the sales clerk. And, don't go to a big box store. Go to a camera shop where the sales assistant will actually know something about what it is they are selling.

Your long term investment in lenses and accessories will quickly exceed the cost of the camera body. It is wise to evaluate each 'system' prior to committing.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:57 AM   #12

from the original post the choice was d5100 or d7000, then the op looked at a canon 60d. I would say that they are all good cameras I would say that it is now down to personnel choice. Which feels better which is easier to use for you dont settle for i will get used to it. make sure the system you choose has the right lenses for you.
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote