Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:44 PM   #1
Default Sales: Pan ZS8, Nikon S8100, Elph 100

Went to Best Buy tonight. Saw both the Panasonic and Nikon for $149 and the Elph was $119. Thinking of myself and 10 year old daughter. For me, low light is a quality I'm looking for. Used mostly for taking pics of active kids in a classroom. For my daughter - ease of use. Like these prices. What would you do?
Lesajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:08 AM   #2

For ease of use- the Elph is tops- and with Canons HS system and the CMOS sensor,expect good results. A very good price too..!
If you want more zoom and some manual control,the Panasonic would have the edge over the Nikon- as it has a wider angle AND a longer zoom- however,the Nikon also has a CMOS sensor(like the Canon) which in theory,should yield better results in low light. It also has some nice HDR/backlit scene modes to help with exposure in tricky lighting conditions.
For active kids in a classroom,you really are going to have to use the flash(for crisper shots with a faster shutter speed),so any of these should suffice- the Panasonic has the widest angle though,which is useful for close work and getting more into the frame.
SIMON40 is online now   Reply With Quote