Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:27 AM   #1
Default Want to buy new digital camera

Hi, I want to buy digital camera with more than 10x optical zoom, CMOS sensor, good moving capabilities and with good point-to-shoot things. I checked with various digital cameras and I found 2 digital cameras i.e. Nikon COOLPIX S9100 and Canon PowerShot ELPH 510 HS. I am quite confused to go for which brand Canon, Nikon or Sony and moreover if you have any more suggestion for some other Camera's with all these features please tell me so that it would be easy for me to buy it. please do the needful. I would be looking forward towards your reply as soon as possible.
Jitu Lalwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:25 PM   #2

G'day Jitu

Firstly - welcome to Steve's photography forum .... there are many people here who can assist you each time you ask. I also suggest that you look further at older posts here, as others before you have asked similar questions regarding many current cameras.

Looking at the DPreview site, the 2 cameras are very similar indeed
The Nikon has more zoom and more pixels for the LCD viewing panel, while the Canon has a longer maximum exposure time for after-dark photography

If after-dark photography is not what you have in mind, I would go for the Nikon

Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:10 PM   #3

I never go by brand, but rather by the camera itself. Every manufacturer has its fair share of good and bad cams (though some low-end manufacturers have mostly bad cams). Anyway, I would go for the Nikon S9100 as well as I think the OOC (out-of-camera) IQ is better than the Canon's.
Disclaimer: I take photos of life rather than live to take photos and my opinions of cameras are reflected accordingly.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote