Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:10 AM   #1
Default Please advise - Canon IXUS 220 HS Vs Canon Powershot SX220 HS

Hi ,

I gonna buy a new camera for me. So please advise and suggest me in buying the camera. After lot of searching, I found that the below two camera is good in canon.

1. Canon IXUS 220 HS
2. Canon Powershot SX220 HS

But i'm really confused to choose between this two cameras. So can anyone please suggest me which one is good in between this two.
Canon Powershot SX220 HS is 15,000INR. Is it worth to buy that ???
muralir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:32 AM   #2

Muralir,the IXUS has 24-120mm lens while the SX220 has 28-392mm lens.While the IXUS dosen't have a manual focus the SX220 does and also has a larger screen.
IXUS has a faster lens.
IXUS has wider angle for indoors and group photos but short telephoto lens for distant subjects.
It will depend a lot on what kind of photography you would like to do most.I haven't covered all the differences between them but have only included the most obvious ones.
For all purpose photography the SX seems to be slightly better.If the price is your major concern buy the one that is easy on your pocket.
You can also have look at some Fuji,Sony and Panasonic cameras with similar features,it doesn't always have to be either canon or Nikon.

Last edited by wanaclick; Jan 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling error corrections
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote