Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:40 PM   #1
Default New Olympus DSLR

I am currently looking to upgrade to a new olympus dslr. I currently have the E500. Since I have a couple lenses for this camera, I would like to stay in the 4/3 lens system. I am looking for a camera that has more megapixels, about 12-16, more auto focus points, and faster continuous shots. I have been looking at the E620, E5, and E30. However, I have a few questions though.

First, the E500 has a 4/3 systemX2 lens mounting system. Is this compatible with 4/3 system that the e620, E5, and E30 have? Also, if I wanted to go to a camera with the micro 4/3 system, is there a converter for my old lenses that I could buy? Is there a different camera I should look at?

If anyone has some advice on one of the three cameras I am currently looking at, I would love to hear it.

tyarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:57 PM   #2

olympus no longer makes dslr's in favor of putting their efforts into their micro 4/3 cameras - all the new oly dslr's you find are new-old stock.

if the micro 4/3 system interests you, some of oly's lenses will work in auto or full auto with an adapter on the oly m4/3 cameras. you can see the compatibility chart for both panasonic and oly m4/3 cameras here http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...onnect/g1.html
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote