Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 18, 2012, 3:09 PM   #1
Default Which DSLR 4 MF Ai Nikon Lenses?

I bought a Nikon FE long ago and bought 3 very nice Nikkor Ai Manual Focus Lenses. I haven't shot film since '99 when I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 800. I have since added a CP 950 to my collection. I own 2 newer big name (to go unmentioned) digital point and shoots with big pixal numbers and found them wanting. I love my old Nikons.

Getting to the point....I want to buy a used (I have a limited budget..I don't want to spend more than $250) Nikon DSLR body that will be compatable with my Nikon Ai lenses. Something with a built in light meter that will let me set aperture and speed and focus manually. I KNOW NOTHING about DSLR..I have never even touched one. I have seen several nice prospects on eBay...but am clueless as to which one is the best for the money and will suit my parameters and is likely to be durable and a good choice in a used item. (as few as 3 mega pixels will do me just fine)...

Please advise...many thanks...
Kewlpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2012, 9:17 PM   #2

Ken Rockwell's Nikon Lens Compatibility charts should help decide what to get.

Depending on the vintage they probably won't autofocus and may not meter. Autofocus is an issue as the viewfinders are no longer designed for manual focus.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote