Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:18 PM   #1
Default New Point and Shoot Camera?

Hello! I am looking for a new point and shoot camera, and I am completely overwhelmed by all of the different choices. I have an old Pentax film camera (left behind by my great grandpa) that I use when I want really good pictures. But I really don't want to have to lug that thing around everywhere I go. So I am looking for a nice point and shoot camera, that takes good pictures (in all types of light), is fairly easy to use, and portable. I don't care about all the bells and whistles, like WiFi, or different picture settings, but it would be nice to have decent quality video. It also doesn't matter to me if it is a year or two old, if I can find it on Amazon. My price range is $300, but of course, it would be nice if it is lower than that. I was leaning toward the Canon PowerShot Elph 300HS (I think it is an older model of this camera) but got scared off by some of the reviews talking about soft edges, etc. As a hobby I enjoy doing graphic design work, so a good quality image is really the most important thing to me. Thanks in advance for the help!!
aliceinchainsrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links