Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:02 AM   #1
Default Best to buy

could any one help me to select from Canon or Nikkon Digital cameras.
which one will be best .
Cannon A2300
Canon A3200
Canon IXUS115HS

Or From Nikon Coolpix series .

Available in india.....
kgmistry2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:03 AM   #2

there's no "the best" camera - just the one that best meets your needs.

the canon A2300 has 5x zoom, 28 mm lens at the wide side and 720p videos. the stabilization is digital, which isn't the best, but it might be of some help. i can't find an A3200 on the canon website, but i do see the A3400, which seems to be the same camera basically, but with a touch screen. i like touch screen cameras, but lots of other people aren't so happy with them.

if you can afford the canon A2400, it has optical stabilization, and otherwise seems to be the same as the A2300. that's the one i'd probably go with of the A's, because i find optical stabilization makes a big difference sometimes.

the ixus has bigger videos, but 1x less zoom - if you want to shoot things that aren't too close, you may miss that 1x zoom as compared to the A series canons. while i like the ixus/elph series canons, this one is their budget model. still, i like the elph/ixus builds better than the A series builds, and if you won't miss the 1x zoom at the long end, this is the one i'd get. but keep in mind that your photography preferences could well be different than mine.

i avoid the nikons at this price range, as their lower priced cameras in the past seem to lose detail and the pics look a bit smeary at lower ISO than the canons. but again, that's only my opinion and experience, and i haven't played with the latest nikons.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote