Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:50 PM   #1
Default Looking for a super compact with zoom

So, my trusty ZS3 is dying a slow death and needs to be replaced. I admit that I am addicted to zoom. This is going to live a very standard P&S existence shooting vacations, parties and pets. I don't have any desire to be a more than a novice. After doing research I have narrowed it down to three:

- Sony WX150
- Most expensive but with lots of bells and whistles Love the idea of automatic HDR and sweep panorama. From reading reviews has the best image quality?

- Panasonic SZ7
- Cheapest. Has the HDR and Panorama modes Fastest shot to shot.
- Panasonic's stupid non-standard USB port. A bigger deal now since the battery charges in camera.

- Canon Elph 510HS
- No HDR but 12x zoom vs 10x
- Heavier but that is the zoom

I am torn between the three. Are in camera HDR and Sweep Panorama more of a gimmick than something used in real life?

Last edited by PeteyNice; Aug 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM.
PeteyNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:50 AM   #2

i really liked my elph 510. the zoom was nice, pics were crisp, auto and p modes were both surprisingly accurate. i had a great time using the touchscreen, but i see in user reviews on amazon, etc, that some had trouble with the touchscreen. overall i liked it, but it did seem to have some shutter lag, so i returned it - and have regretted that.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote