Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Default Poor student looking for a decent camera...

I'm looking to buy a camera under $100 but I might be able to stretch it to around $150. The cameras I'm currently looking at are Lumix TS20, Canon Powershot A1300, Panasonic DMC-FH25, and the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. I would like something that can focus easily with shakiness, can take decent pictures in low light, and can zoom in preferably with a macro setting. I take most of my pictures outside, and so optimal light range for me is most important depending on the time of day I take pictures. What would you suggest out of these choices or do you have a better camera that can fit my budget? Thank you so much!
Wyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:57 PM   #2

Given your budget- any form of low-light ability will be limited- though if you're not too critical (can you be at $100-150..?) most of the above could make decent small prints of for web use.
The best of the above would be the Canon ELPH 300 for image quality,whilst some might be tempted with the extra zoom of the Panny' FH-25.
I've actually just purchased a TS20 (FH20 here in the UK), primarily to take with me when fell running- so waterproofing was high on the wish list for me.
It takes decent images,the stabiliser works well and the macro's fine also.....
Here's some images I've taken with it...
FT20 test...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote