Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Default Need help

Need Help. I am a confused grandfather that is looking to upgrade older camera and have been researching camera reviews. I have a Kodak DX6490 with a 10x zoom lens. I love to take pictures of family, friends and sporting events. I would like a superzoom camera that has a telephoto lens of 21x or more, excellent image quality, good in low light or indoors and has a excellent shutter lag time or none at all. I also take 95% of my photos in the auto mode or night modes, so anything else is not needed. A video would be a plus. I would like the camera to be priced at $300 or less if possible. Could anyone out there suggest something or point me in the right direction?
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:21 PM   #2

Panasonic's FZ-150 is swift in the autofocus department,with little shutter lag,has a 24x image stabilised zoom,has good low light ability in its class,has an excellent auto mode and the video capture is excellent.
Whether it's within your budget,I couldn't say as I'm not familiar with prices where you are- but the prices will be lower than they once were due to a newer model coming out- the FZ-200.
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote