Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:21 AM   #21

Hi Ted,

Rather than talk about lenses, my suggestions to you would be:

Read and refer to the owners manual as much as possible.
Get to know everything you can about the operation and controls of the 60D. It's the single most important thing you can do.

You can have the best camera in the world in your hands, but, it won't do you any good if you don't know how to get the most out of it.

As for your sport, a great way to learn the best techniques, lenses and settings that achieve the desired photographic results is to simply run a google search.
You'll get a myriad of sites that will offer help and loads of photographs. Take a look at EXIF data of the photos you think are high quality. The data will tell you important information as to the lens and camera used, as well as the settings the photographer used to get that image. It is a quick and easy way to learn about improving your skills.

Good luck and enjoy your camera. It is a great tool and should serve you well.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:02 PM   #22

thanks for the tips , the info on other pics will help a bunch , i agree , and i have been reading as much as possible in the factory manual also . lots of new things to learn for sure . i love what this camera has done already with no real adjusting yet . thanks again to all of you for any learning tips , i am much better off with this camera than a regular digital , wish i would have made the move to an slr years ago . ted
ted evans is offline   Reply With Quote