Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 30, 2012, 1:12 AM   #1
Default I want a fast shutter/capture with clear pic

please help... I have an old kodak easyshare c813. I thought this camera sucked until I bought a nikon coolpix s3300 2days ago! I was excited to get a new slim camera. The pix stink! It takes forever to take the pictures, they look blurry, and after studying online I think it has to do with the shutter lag? I'm not familiar with all of this but I'm def liking my old fashion kodak easy share way better at this point. I do not want to go over the $130 limit which I kno compromises the value, but my old camera was $79 and now I value it. Im even debating looking for my old camera and buying it new again. I have kids and like to get the pic fast and crisp... please any suggestions? thank you..
avasmommy612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:29 AM   #2

Can you post an example of a photo you're not pleased with?
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:32 AM   #3

shutter lag or shutter speed? were you taking a pic of a moving or still when you shot the blurry pics?
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:11 PM   #4

...and I want a 53' mahogany hulled Criss-Craft for under $3,000

my chances are better than yours

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:47 PM   #5

You might be able to get a used camera for that amount. According to cameras.co.uk, the Fuji Finepix F770EXR and Nikon s100 are probably the fastest pocket cameras you can purchase with Fuji on top. I compared single shot, shot to shot, single shot with flash, and shot to shot with flash lag times and the fuji appears to give the best overall result. The Panasonic DMC SZ1 which lags slightly behind the Nikon is probably the cheapest option. You can purchase this one brand new for $125.00. Come back here and let us know your real world results with the camera.
Krichton is offline   Reply With Quote