Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:53 PM   #1
Default Sell MiniDv for HDSLR?

I has aspirations of film-making but haven't accomplished much due to lack of equipment, funds, and my crippling perfectionism, etc. I while ago I bought a used Canon XL1 camera after researching prosumer cameras. However, the lack of experience I have and lack of funds means "learning" use of the camera was limited. Its such an old medium at this point that I'm not sure its worth my putting time and money into it or if I should just sell it and then buy a $600-900 SLR camera. I've researched models and like the Canon Rebel series and others. My QUESTION to those with experience with these camera types is, am I throwing away a potentially better camera by giving up on the Mini-DV, or is the usability of the SLR going to help me break through my learner stage and into amateur film-making? Thanks.
jpeters1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:06 AM   #2

I may be wrong here,but wouldn't you be better spending your money on a bespoke camcorder...? I'm sure you'd get a far better video experience/performance from a similarly priced camcorder.
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:10 AM   #3

Getting the camera is the easiest part. I think that if at this point you are having problems you might wanna re-think your film making aspirations.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote