Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1

Default Camera for classy interior shots

Hi there. I need a new camera to help me take some classier interior shots of our 'agriturismo' here in Tuscany.

If you want to see some examples of the shots I took a few years back with my trusty Lumix FZ18 (bought after extensive research on this site!) then have a look at the shots on this page of our website:

http://www.patrignone.com/44/villa_patrignone.html

(I am not trying to promote our site here, I PROMISE!! The link is for reference ONLY.)

Anyway, I want to buy a new camera to take some better quality photos. The key requirements are these:

* Takes great quality photos in relatively low light. I have no problem using a tripod. but ideally I don't want to have to drag lights around with me
* A good wide angle function is essential

I am a TOTAL amateur (obviously - look at the photos!) but I'd rather spend the money on a good camera that I can use for family stuff and nature shots, than blow money on a professional session (which is actually hard to do as we have several apartments and it's hard to get them all ready for a shoot on the same day,)

My budget is around $500, give or take.

There's nothing wrong with my Lumix FZ18 - it still works great. But it doesn't have a particularly wide angle, and it's not great at low light.

Any thoughts or advice from you 'pros' will be much appreciate.
simonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:29 PM   #2

Maybe,being used to Panny's,consider the LX-7...?
Nice 24mm wide angle equivalent and very fast f/1.4 lens...
However,for nature shots you'll need some zoom for shy wildlife... unless you just use the FZ-18 for that kind of work..?
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote