Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 17, 2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Default Best digital point/shoot for a new parent not wanting to miss a moment?

Hi Folks -

I have a somewhat old Panasonic Lumix TZ3 that I have loved for its 10x zoom and scenic outdoor shots (got great ones in Morocco for instance) but that seems to be terrible for anything indoors ever (trying to figure out if I have it horribly mis-set or what.) I just had a baby 5 weeks ago and time is suddenly ticking past on her cutest moments. I'd love any recommendations on a good quality, small, not-too-complex digital camera to help lovingly document her next 18 or so years. If it helps I had a Cannon Powershot before the Lumix. Price range - uh, figure up to $200-300 would that do it?

Thanks in advance!

sharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2

I've seen your other post. I'd think the Panasonic LX7 would be the answer to your problems. If it isn't 100% bettter than the older TZ in IA alone, you'd have the more traditional PASM modes and functions so someone could guide you through the necessary adjustments.

Since it has a hot shoe, you can add a nice TTL flash like the Metz24 or 36 at some point and you shouldn't have any problem at all with kids indoors.

If you are in the US, Amazon Warehouse has a few for $275 with the 30 return guarantee.

Indoors, you really want one of the premium/enthusiast class models with a P&S.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote