Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 30, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Default Looking to upgrade my old point and shoot camera

I think my current camera is about 7-8 years old.
It's this model right here, a canon powershot sd400 digital elph: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007TJ5OG

I'm not a huge photography enthusiast, I only take pictures a few times a year, but this camera has been frustrating for me at times, so I am hoping to find something better. Due to the age of the camera, I'm guessing it probably shouldn't bee too difficult.
I haven't really been keeping up with the technology though, so I don't know if there might be any awesome features out there that I need but don't know about.

Here are the main things that I find are lacking in my current camera that I would like to improve:
Image stabilization - my current camera has none, and I end up with lots of blurry pictures, especially when I don't use the flash.
Low light photography - I would like to take pictures at night or evening where I can actually see the stuff I am shooting.
Zoom - Maybe at least 10x or so.

I would also hope to find something under about $200.
Also, thin is good. I'd like to be able to put it in my pocket without too much trouble. Maybe I could just buy a bag or something to carry around with me though.

Thanks in advance!
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2013, 1:45 AM   #2

Sign me up for that camera the day they make it.
Krichton is offline   Reply With Quote