Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:40 AM   #1
Default Camera for the Elderly

I need to buy a camera for an elderly woman, who up until now has been using a very simple film camera. It doesn't need zoom, as long as it has at least 5MP and a flash, I wanted to know if anyone made a camera which literally has an 'On' and Shutter button. I can transfer and print them for her so that isn't a problem. The most basic thing you could imagine would be ideal, if there is such a thing.

TomGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:16 PM   #2

Canon makes a number of PowerShot A series cameras that are pretty simple. Some are even under $100. This Canon A1400 might be exactly what she needs:

I like the fact that this camera has an optical viewfinder, because she's probably accustomed to using them with her film camera. If she is also familar with waiting for auto-focus with a half-press of the shutter button before pressing it all the way, I think you're golden. If she has only used fixed-focus lenses, that can be an issue. The only other thing that comes to mind would be something like an ultra-simple Holga camera - but digital, not film. Like this:

Last edited by Biro; Jul 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote