Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:16 AM   #1

Default Updated version of Sony Cybershot DSC HX20V?

I know a few people that have a Sony Cybershot DSC HX20V and LOVE it. They take amazing pictures & videos, so I REALLY want that camera. However, I've heard that it's an older model & has been discontinued. Does anyone know if there's a newer, updated model of that camera? I don't want to go above $300, & I don't want a big, bulky camera either. Any help would be much appreciated!
justagirl2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:08 PM   #2

It is an older model,(though not that old...) but I'm sure you can find them for sale somewhere- and as such should be reasonably priced also.
If they take great pics and video's- why worry about a latest model..?
Unless there is a specific feature your after that a later model offers, why pay out of the nose for it...!

That said,their latest HX50v is quite an upgrade...
Hotshoe attachment,30x zoom,20mp resolution,full manual modes...! Ticks several boxes..!!
http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/So...er-shot_HX50V/

Not too bothered about manual mode and like "bijou"..?
Try Sony's diminutive WX200- 20x zoom in a baby package...! Looks great also..!
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/so...0-review-21537
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:49 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll just stick to getting the HX20V....I don't really need a lot of the extra bells & whistles. I'm just surprised because I can't find it anywhere (the very few places that still carry it) for less than $350. My friends bought theirs not long after the camera came out & spent a lot less. I guess cuz its discontinued the price has been raised so much higher? I'll just have to do what I gotta do with that price.
justagirl2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagirl2231 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I think I'll just stick to getting the HX20V....I don't really need a lot of the extra bells & whistles. I'm just surprised because I can't find it anywhere (the very few places that still carry it) for less than $350. My friends bought theirs not long after the camera came out & spent a lot less. I guess cuz its discontinued the price has been raised so much higher? I'll just have to do what I gotta do with that price.
I am in the same situation!
Not sure if I should give up on the HX, and look elsewhere, even though my interest was in pocketable video, and Sony was the choice... but not at the later models price point
sampoodle is offline   Reply With Quote