Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:10 PM   #1
Default Help!! .. low-light

I am a realtor .. trying to take pics of listings .. when I take a pic in a room with the sun coming in .. the sun is bright .. rest of room is way too dark .. I have a digital camera .. was Canon, but I need a new one .. any ideas on which one to purchase?
rhop1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:19 PM   #2

That's a complex subject, where you need an understanding of how to meter for the room, not the light source (which could cause windows to look too bright with the rest properly exposed). A flash can also help out to "equalize" the light difference.

Why do you need a new camera? It's probably just your technique (a new camera may not help anything).

But, I'll move this down to our What Camera Should I Buy Forum anyway and see what other members have to say about it.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:35 PM   #3

There are a number of cameras which can help with this type of situation. It is called High Dynamic Range. I have a Fuji X-S1 with DR settings which can be either automatic or manually set. This isn't a complete solution, but may help. Other ways to deal with it are to use flash (es) or to take several exposures at different settings, either by bracketing or manually, and combining them with HDR software.
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote