Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:01 PM   #1
Default I just bought a used Nikon d3200 on Amazon, but releize that I have old Pentax lenses

Hi, I bought a Nikon d3200 camera on Amazon (my first DSLR) and it has already shipped. I could return it when it arrived.

My mother used to take photos with an old Pentax film camera and I found her old lenses. Would these lenses work with the Pentax K-500? Is it worth returning the D3200 because I found these lenses (I don't want to return the D3200 just because the Pentax is a better camera, only if the lenses will save me hundreds of dollars). I have no idea if the lenses work okay or not. One sounds like it has sand in it and has a hard time being twisted. Did I come across a box of junk box lenses or a gold mine of lenses? Thanks!

A123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:07 PM   #2

Pentax DSLRs are compatible with these lenses. The 50mm f/2 lens is manual, and would need to be used that way. I wouldn't say you have a gold mine, but the lenses are not junk, either.
If you really think you would prefer the Nikon, then you aren't losing out on a great amount, and could probably sell the used lenses for a moderate amount.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote