Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 27, 2015, 8:59 PM   #1
Default What type of bridge camera should I buy?

I'm looking at a few different bridge cameras. I shoot a lot of macro photos with my previous cameras.

The ones I am looking at or have narrowed the crop down to are:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200. My dad has this camera and I absolutely love using it. It takes amazing pictures for what I want to do with it.

Panasonic Lumix FZ60. My issue with this is that you can't cover the screen on the back. Unlike in the other Panasonic, you can fold the back LCD screen out, in, and whatnot, you can't do anything with the screen on this. Does anyone have this and/or have issues with this?

Also, the price range is $400 and lower.
srs0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2015, 12:25 AM   #2

About 99% of the cameras ever made don't have fully articulating LCDs like the Panasonic.

The FZ200 is $349 at Adorama.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2015, 4:13 AM   #3

For macro use, an articulating LCD is a big advantage- assuming you want to get a bit creative with different angles etc- all whilst remaining comfortable yourself..!
The FZ60 is quite a different camera to the FZ200- a much smaller buffer- rendering the burst modes useless,the viewfinder is of much lower resolution, the lens- whilst of good quality- doesn't offer the huge advantages of the FZ200's f/2.8 aperture available at all focal lengths- though f/5.2 at the FZ60's long end IS faster than most bridge cameras. The fewer external controls of the FZ60 makes it a bit more time consuming when adjusting settings- having to dig into the menu's more often.
You also sacrifice RAW shooting if you go for the FZ60- plus a few other such as true HDR mode,flash hotshoe etc....
Of course, the FZ60 isn't a bad little camera- but IS limited when compared the the FZ200...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2015, 5:51 AM   #4

Thank you both so much for the responses! They are GREATLY appreciated!
srs0789 is offline   Reply With Quote