Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 30, 2015, 4:23 PM   #1
Default New Guy update

Thanks to the generous help from this site and reading here and elsewhere I finally have an outline for the near future. I am going to stay with Canon for their overall offerings. I am not saying anything bad about any other Brand, but I went with Canon 50+ years ago and had no equipment problems then and might as well stay with a Brand I am comfortable with.

Budget is still a critical factor and to get the body I want along with the appropriate lens' just does not make sense since I would not start until the 4th quarter of '15. I will want two bodies for a whole lot of reasons and also need not only to learn how to use the functions in the camera I also need to learn the software I will be loading on the communication device of mine PC). I am going to buy a SX60. It has similar functions to the DSLR I will be buying and it will no only provide a learning tool for the camera functions but also the software that I will be learning (Adobe). This will allow me to make the buy during June and give me a 3 to 4 month jump on the learning curve. I really like taking wildlife photos and also love to hunt. Hunting allows me to get in the woods and not affect the wildlife. Taking game is a very small part of the hunt. Seeing hawks feeding, fox doing their thing along with the reptiles and insects, a small camera like a SX60 will work better than a larger DSLR. I have a small tripod that I can set up in my blind and carry it out in my backpack. When it think back the last 20 years or so I have seen a whole lot of different animal life that could have been captured digitally rather than just having my mental pictures.

Thanks again, Lead Foot
Carolina Lead Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links