Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:48 AM   #1
Default What is the best camera under $400?

Hello everybody I need help buying a camera. What is the best camera under $400? I want to buy a camera for vlogging and taking pictures. I want a camera with a tilted screen or articulated LCD so that I can see myself in the shot like a selfie. I want a camera with good low light performance, records 1080p 60fps, and that costs $400 and under. I already looked at other cameras like the Sony WX500, Sony HX90V, Nikon P610, Nikon S9900, and Panasonic FZ200. They are not good cameras from what I hear when it comes to low light and image quality. I am looking for a camera that does not have a lot of noise in low light. I don't like a lot of noise in low light. Is there a better camera out there than the Sony WX500, Sony HX90V, Nikon P610, Panasonic FZ200, and the Nikon S9900?
kennyreid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:26 AM   #2

An excellent $400 camera is the Sony RX100 (version I). Thanks to it's larger sensor is better in low light than the others you mentioned. But if has a short zoom reach if that's a problem. (28-100mm eq.). But you won't find a better compact in this price range.
To have a longer zoomrange at equal IQ, you'll have to look to the Panasonic FZ1000. 16x zoom (25-400mm), has a very fast autofocus and caln shoot 4K video. I have this camera and I like it very much. But it's over $500.
The best longer zoom solution for video and pics, below $400, is the Panasonic FZ200. It's fast 24x zoomlens let more light trough, to the sensor, than all this other small sensor camera's. So it will have less noise in the same situations than it's kindred camera's.
So the top 3 of all this camera's mentioned for video and photo, is 1st. Panasonic FZ1000, 2nd. Sony RX100 and a far 3th. Panasonic FZ200.

rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:24 PM   #3

All the cam's you mention have long zooms- thus,small sensors- and as such are rather limited for low-light use.
If you really want a long zoom range,then you'll have to accept a loss in IQ as a trade-off (within your budget).
Perhaps a mirrorless ILC might be the way to go..?
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote