Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:16 AM   #11

Is the Powershot S series going away? I'm worried about when I might need to replace my S120. For those of us who need a good machine that can be carried in a bike jersey pocket or jeans pocket. If I had to buy today (other than the S120), the choice is a G7X Mark II or a G9X. I don't like the choice. The G7X weighs a whopping 10.7 ounces (S120 is 7.65), while the G7X Mark II has a 20 megapixel sensor, which is over the top for me. 12 is fine.

I don't want to change brands--a second ecosystem would never fit in my brain. Any thoughts, people?
jforjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:14 AM   #12

You'll have to compromise, as you won't find what you are looking for in recent cameras.
The Sony RX100 is a small camera with an excellent IQ.
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:25 PM   #13

Rudimaes--interesting you say that. The only time in the last 30 years that I stepped outside Canon was to buy an RX100, when it was a new model. It was very impressive. But for some reason I can't even recall, I decided to return it for a Canon. Maybe I was just too lazy at the time to jump in and immerse myself in it. So now you have me thinking... So, thanks for your input.
jforjames is offline   Reply With Quote