Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:33 PM   #1

Default Lumix TZ100 Exposure

Hi,

I am considering to get a Lumix tz100 I am trying to find out if it has a "bulb" setting. According to user manual it does not, it has T setting with max exposure 120 seconds but according to some other media it has bulb setting within the manual exposure. I also read an article in What Digital Camera website it clearly states it has got bulb setting.

I would be greatful if any of the tz100 owners can shed some light on this.

Many Thanks
Tom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom101 View Post
Hi,

I am considering to get a Lumix tz100 I am trying to find out if it has a "bulb" setting. According to user manual it does not, it has T setting with max exposure 120 seconds but according to some other media it has bulb setting within the manual exposure. I also read an article in What Digital Camera website it clearly states it has got bulb setting.

I would be greatful if any of the tz100 owners can shed some light on this. Many Thanks
G'day mate

Firstly - welcome to Steve's Forum ... there's lots of knowledge here for you to call upon to enjoy your photography

Many digital cameras offer 2 exposure ranges when in use ... the Auto range [which might be from 1-second to 1/1000s] vs the Manual range which might, with your involvement, cover 60 seconds to well less than 1/2500sec

What this means is that the camera's metering system is "pretty accurate" over the range covered by Auto, but may not be quite so accurate outside these parameters, and that you, using manual can view the resulting image and make adjustments if / when needed

So, whether it's called 'bulb' or 'time' probably does not matter ... what it means is that when you go into Manual mode, you can do long exposures of up to 60 seconds [or whatever]

ps- If you are hoping to do startrails over a l-o-n-g time period, may I invite you to chase up a small program from "startrails.de" which allows the computer to stack hundreds of shorter exposures to create one huge long exposure

eg: like this

Hope this helps
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:34 AM   #3

Hi Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I've had a look at the startrail.de, it looks good, I'll certainly be using that software. It sound as if time laps videos can be used as well so long as they are recorded in the editable format.
Thanks for the tip.
Tom
Tom101 is offline   Reply With Quote