Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:11 PM   #1

What agreat website! As a newbie, please accept my ignorance in asking a few questions: (1) Under the Best Camera section, some of the camera names are highlighted in red and some are in a definite non-alpabetic order. Is the "best camera" in red or on top in a specific category? (2) If you were interested in getting a digital camera to help you take better SLR film pictures by being able to test out the manual aperature and shutter speed settings and see the lcd image of the scene, what would be the most affordable best value choices for a digital camera in the sub $500range (sub $300would be even better if possible).? (3) If you were interested in a digital camera under $1200to take stills, like of landscapes, flowers, or of art work with the best image quality with the goal in mind of making the largest good quality digital print in the 16X20" range, which camera(s) would you pick ( or do I need to wait a year or two/save my money)? Thank you.
georgewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2004, 9:23 AM   #2

As stated near the top of the list - the cameras are NOT listed in order of preference. They are all links to our reviews so if you have visited the review already, the link color will be red instead of yellow if not visited.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 6:41 AM   #3

Hi Steve, I'm browsing your site and need some help on choosing a good camera for me. Maybe you can help me.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I want it to have movie at 640x480 30fps no recording limit (except memory card limit) with sound, powerfull built-in flash (i like the flash from canon a60), quality pictures (macro from 1 cm) and 4 AA batteries. Of course, almoust forgot, the price arround $400-$500.

Do you think we can find anything ? Please help me !

Thanks in advance,

eusebio is offline   Reply With Quote