Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 25, 2004, 3:57 PM   #1

i am a beginner and i want to get into photography and i am haveing trouble choosing what camera i should buy can someone please help
alika is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2004, 4:40 PM   #2

Now, asking your question without giving more information, is like asking "I'm going to get my drivers license, whichvehicle should I buy"

There are many, many cameras on the market. Each will have it's own set of strengths and weaknesses.

I'd go through the cameras in Steve's "The Best Cameras" List. You'll find it on the main page of this site. Here's the direct link to it:

Then, you'll get a better idea of what is available on the market, along with price ranges, features, etc.

Then, I'd give more information on what you want to do with a camera, budget, etc.

For example, wanting to get into photography doesn't really tell me anything. That could mean that you want to have the best equipment available. So, I could say, check out the Canon EOS-1Ds. It's gota great 11 Megapixel Sensor, and sells for only $7999 for the body only (no lenses).

Or, it could mean: "I want to start taking pictures for a hobby, and I've only got $300.00 to spend. Could you recommend a good camera in my price range that has manual controls, so I can learn more about using aperture and shutter speeds?"

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote