Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:29 PM   #1

I want to buy a new 5MP digital camera and I am trying to stay in $300 - $350 range. I want something that has enough sophistication behind it to take beautiful pictures automatically. I am trying to decide between the Kodak and 2 Sony's and anything else you recommend. The Kodak 7530 seems easy to use, and the big plus is that it uses rechargable AA batteries, and cheaper SD cards. Sony, P93 uses AA batteries also, but like all Sonys, uses the more expensive memory stick. Sony P100 goes even further: in addition to the expensive memory stick, it uses a Sony proprietary battery, which of course would be expensive (why would they not use AA which every user has a ton of?). I always want to keep a spare set of batteries in case I run out of juice at a critical moment, and with Sony P100I'd have to pay around $50 for a spare battery which probably can't be used anywhere but this camera.

1. Is P100 significantly better than P93 to justify the higher cost associated with a proprietary battery?

2. Are Sonys significantly better than Kodak 7530 to justify not only a higher price tag, but a costlier memory?

What other cameras would you recommend in this price range ($300-$350)?

brahmachari99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links