Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 29, 2004, 2:05 AM   #1

Hi, I'm from Germany and I'd like to buy me a new Camera.

Unfortunately the DX7440 is not available in Germany yet so there's no way I can test and compare it to the DX7630. A friend of mine bought a DX7630 few weeks ago and is very happy with his decision. The camera is fast in taking pictures (this is important for me), easy to use and the picture quality is good.

I'm gonna use the camera to take quick snapshots and of course print them in 4 by 6 inch size at a professional photolab. Larger printouts are not that important for me.

Now here are my questions, I hope you can help me with my decision:

a) is the DX7440 as fast as the DX7630 (or maybe even faster?); boot-up time is not that much important.

b) The DX7440 has a smaller CCD (1/2,5) and lower resolution (4MP) than the DX7630 (1/1,8 and 6MP). Is there a big difference in picture quality between the two cameras ?

c) Are there other advantages or disadvantages of the DX7440 compared to the DX7630?

d) The DX7630 costs about 100 Euros more than the DX7440 will do. Is the DX7630 worth it to pay the higher price?

Finally, what about Sony's new DSC-W1 ? Could this be an alternative camera to the mentioned Kodak cameras (advantages / disadvantages) ???

Greetings from Germany

HondaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links