Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:18 AM   #1

Hey everyone

New guy here, Right the thing is i am after a digital camcorder but i want it to use SD cards so i can transfer my footage straight over to my pc. I have just had a baby girl and thought it would be a good idea to make a video archive for her to look back on. E.g. First Step ect. I have been looking around and really i can only find one the Fisher FVD-C1
http://www.fisherav.com/FVD-C1.htmBut have been reading and this don't seem to be able to work with window movie maker. Which i would want to be able to do Is this a good camera? Well any way just wanted the pro's advice on what to go for. I don't want a camera with filming capabilities as my friend has suggested to me already just want a stylish camcorder with SD cards, Good quality film footage and around £200 - £600.

Any help on this matter would be great.

RealM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:12 AM   #2

Your text is not readable using the default "board theme" (color schemes for this forum). I had to highlight it with my mouse to read it.

If you go to"My Account", "Preferences" and change the "Board Theme" to default, you'll see what I mean.

I don't know how much help you'll get trying to find a Digital Camcorder. This site is primarily for Digital Still Cameras. However, you never know about these things -- someone may have some experience in this area.

Many of the Digital Still Cameras can record video to SD. However, as a general rule, the quality (especially the sound) is really not as good as you'll get from a dedicated Video Camera.

You'll find many popular memory card types -- CompactFlash, Sony Memory Stick, Xd PictureCard,and Secure Digital areexamples.Some of the newer Digital Still cameras can record Video at 640x480 resolution at 30 frames per second. However, these modes usually use around 1MB/Second of storage. So, when comparing models, take storage space requirements into consideration. An example of a camera like this is the new Canon S1 IS (which uses CompactFlash media).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote