Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 1, 2004, 2:11 PM   #1

I'm looking at a few different models -

Canon Powershot S1 IS

Olympus C-765UZ

Fuji S-5000

Nikon 5700

I basically want something that is as simple or as complicated as you want to it to be while the picture quality is the most important thing.

Obviously there is a wild range in price there, but this could be factoring into the equation as well.

I'm just starting to look at the moment, but in terms of value and quality, I would appreciate people's thoughts on these cameras, plus any aletrnatives
bigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2004, 5:45 PM   #2

What do you plan to use it for? WE need more information.
Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:14 PM   #3

Well I want something that is fairly flexible in it's use while taking quality photographs (for the price)

I really enjoy taking landscape photos as well as pictures of my family and friends outside. There are also occasions when I will need it for close up work.

I currently have a Kodak DX3700 which can take a decent photograph but is far too simple. It is a 100% 3MP point and click camera that takes its time to warm up and runs batteries dry quickly. I still want to keep this asa backup but it's also producing random error messages. I bought it for £100 3 years ago after a mis-price on the Kodak website.

I had a play with the Canon Powershot S1 IS in a store today on the way back from work and quite enjoyed it.

At £319, it's within my budget. I could stretch to the £393 required for the Nikon Coolpix 5700 - would it be worth that extra £70 for theNikon over the Canon?
bigfan is offline   Reply With Quote