Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:53 AM   #1

I plan to buy a small size, long zoom digital camera in a month. After comparing Steve's reviews ofKyocera M410R and Olympus C770Z(C765), I think the M410R's image is more grainy than C770's but M410R's performance is much faster than C770's.

I plan to use it mostly on long zoom and macro shots, not much on action shots but I want it promtly for use at any time.

What do you think?, or are there any other cameras I should consider? please help me out.:?

Thank in advance.
Phra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2004, 7:49 AM   #2

I don't think the M410R is grainy - I don't think the images will disappoint you and there are different exposure settings just incase some of them come out grainy.

I understand the C770 is rather slow in starting, etc and would certainly be a slow camera compared to the M410R which fires up and shoots rapidly, as you have already said.

The M410R'svery detailed electronic view finder do not freeze during focusing and the LCD (although small) is still useable in direct sunlight - which I have done and it surprised me.

Steve seems to be recommending the M410R for superzooms in other posts, and I would recommend the M410R for speed, practicality and quality.

However, it isn't a terribly small camera, but then again, most superzooms aren't but it is a little bigger than the C770 and a little heavier.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote