Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:20 PM   #1

In reading on so many cameras I think I have decided to purchase the Canon EOS Digital Rebel. For my budget of under $1000 it appears to be the best option. I welcome any comments against choosing this camera with an alternative camera and reasons why.

My question is: I went to the dealtime website off of this website and was price shopping, upon reading reviews of the top vendors of choice I am getting real skeptical of purchasing from any online vendor.Even though some have several positive commentsthere are still so many negative ones. It almost appears likesome of the shops are in going in and boasting their own shops and the real customers are providing the negative comments. Anyway it looks like I could get the Canon package with lens for about $800. However in checking with any credible vendor such as Best Buy, Cirucuit City, etc. they are all firm at $1000. Does anyone have a good reference, froma past purchase experience,from a credible vendor who might also be giving a great price? Any reference or advice is great appreciated.
jadex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:58 AM   #2

buydig.com has a pretty good overall reputation.

I personally prefer buying from retail stores for a high dollar item like this, as you can opt for an extended warranty or just walk it back in if something is wrong with it. However, if I WERE going to buy from an online vendor, I might opt for buydig.

Keep in mind rumor has it the black-body version of the Rebel may be coming to the U.S. soon, too. If you don't like the silver body, it might be good to wait.

atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote