Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 18, 2004, 8:49 PM   #1

I originally posted this in the memory card forum but only got one response. I have to believe that others have an opinion on this!!! Is the DPS 9000 and sandisk ultra II overkill for a point and shoot guy?????? the DSP looks kinda big and will just add more to the camera which takes away from it being a compact???? I can purchase the regular 256 sandisk for half the price of the ultra II. What should I get???????
KOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:33 PM   #2

can't help you with the BP but for the money and warranty (lifetime) the ultra II cards give you as of the moment the best bang for the buck. as far as speed you will only notice it on the download side of the image trip as long as you have a firewire or usb 2 connection. on pretty much all cameras including my canon 1Ds the card outperforms the camera in its ability to xfr data even on the 1D mark 2 it faster then the camera can transfer. if the price is 20% more then the equivelent no name card and the no name or second tier card maker offers less the a lifetime warranty i'd go ultra II every time. i have (2) 2gb and (1) 1gb ultra II cards (2) 640MB delkin pro and (1) 2gb lexar pro 40x card at this point that go between my 1Ds and my minolta A1. essentially ther is no real in camera difference relative to each other in each particular camera.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote