Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 26, 2004, 11:46 PM   #1

I have read and reread the reviews and still cannot determine which camera will best meet my needs. I currently have and cannon powershot G2. The main reason I want a new one is that I really want a compact camera. The size and weight of the camera keeps me from taking it a lot of places and I miss a lot of great picture opportunities. I mainly take family pictures (and scrapbook them :-)). So, I want to be able to take pictures at their sporting events, sea world, school events (indoors and outdoors).

The other things that I would like to see imporved in this camera over my G2 are:
  1. better red-eye reduction[/*]
  2. faster power up time[/*]
  3. lower time in between shots[/*]
  4. better indoor pictures from a distance (i.e.gymnastics facilities)[/*]
  5. I really want it to have a underwater housing[/*]
  6. a good macro mode ( I have a jewelry web site and use my camera to put up pictures)
Please note that I have read other responses to similar questions and don'tunderstand half of what I read:-)so please go easy on me with technical information. So... which camera should I get???

Thank you thank you for your help.

jgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:43 PM   #2

The Canon S-1 (internet price $US 340 approx) can probably hand most of your requirements. However, I do not know if there is an underwater housing available for it.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 3:21 AM   #3

Check Nikon 3700. Compact and satisfies your requirements at 1,2,3 & 6. Regarding 4 and 5 - I do not know how the Nikon 3700 handles!

Best luck.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote