Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:12 AM   #1

Canon A 80 or Fuji E510 or Nikon Coolpic 4100?

I picked up a Canon A 80 on sale for $300 and have a week to decide whether to keep it or not. They're discontinued, and therefore very difficulult to find. I'm a new digicam user, and while I like all the manual options and the swivel LCD is neat, I'm finding that it's pretty complicated to figure out (I'm sure I'll learn) but also heavy, and ideally I'd like something lighter to carry around.

I like having AA batteries since I go camping and travelingalot.All 3 cameras are now the same price, the Fuji is new has 5 mp butI can't find any reviews or ratings on it, or previous models. Is it any good picture quality wise? The Nikon is tiny and light weight which I like and seems user friendly but doesn't have as many options. THe Fuji is just a little smaller than the Canon but much lighter. THe Fuji uses xD, and the Nikon SD which seem pretty expensive to add on extra. I found a 512 memorex compact flash for the Canon for only $60 at Costco.

Any info, suggestions or other camera considerations would be greatly appreciated. I'm still really wanting something small, andlight with a better optical zoom, but that doesn't seem to exist yet.

bkmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:08 AM   #2

To really compare these three digital cameras requires looking at some features:

Canon A-80

Low light level focusing lamp

One of the largest selling digital cameras in the world

Many "manual" features.

Fuji E-510

raw image capability

no low light level focusing lamp

a wider selection of ISO settings

less manual features

Nikon 4100

smaller size

fewer manual features

fewer options

Pick outyour comparison points. I have just listed a few.

Sarah Joyce

speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote