Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:37 AM   #1

I am about to purchase a new digital, since my Nikon CP4500 was stolen. My camera will mainly be used for outdoor photography iemacro, landscape and animals.

The choice seems to boil down to either Minolta Z3 or Panasonic FZ20. The following concerns are clouding my judgement:?, and I was hoping to get some clarification through this forum:

Macro - The Z3 has a superior macro, but how effectively can this be countered by use ofzoom on the FZ20?

Manual Focus - The FZ20 has a focus dial on the barrel, this should logically allow infinite adjustment. How does the manual focus on the Z3 compare?

EVF Resolution - This really is an extension of the previous point. The FZ20 is said to have a relatively poor EVF resolution, will this not negate the advantage obtained by the manual focus dial on the barrel? I ask this because the Nikon i used to own had an OVF, and I really battled to get exact focus manually, using the LCD.

EVF/LCD Gain - How real is the problem with the FZ20 in low light/ darkness conditions?
labeobarbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links