Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:14 PM   #1

I am thinking of buying a Fuji E 510, a 5 mp which has recently hit the shelves. I could find only two owner evaluations on web sites. Though one was positive the other was very, very negative. The author said every photo he has taken is extremely fuzzy. I would like to hear from owners who have found the camera to be satisfactory and spefically can assure me that they are getting a clear image.
garyvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2004, 6:34 AM   #2

I am a digital camera professional. I own the Fuji-E-550 and think it is a great digital camera. I wrote the initial review on that digicam for www.pricegrabber.com. Because you do not list an e-mail address I cannot send you a link to the Gallery of Fuji E-550 Digital Photos that I maintain.

Now regarding the smaller brother to the 6mp E-550 that you are interested in, the E-510, check our the reiews on this digital camera. They are out there. In my personal experience the E series digital cameras by Fuji are quality digital cameras.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2004, 11:01 PM   #3

i believe e550 uses super ccd which is different from the other e class camera. (part of the reasons why it's $100 more than e510.) And from all the sample photos on the web, it is quite clear that e550 produces much better qualitied images than e-550. (the photos taken by e510 is noticeably soft)

However, if money is your concern, e510 is definately a good choice. In the price range of $250, i can't find a better bargain then e510.

If you do have extra bucks,it wouldprobably be wise to investigate $100 more a camera that produces nice sharp images. (not saying e510's picture is bad, but compare to canon a80, or even the 3mp class camera of fuji itself, the s5000, i would say the photos looks better on those cameras.)
irrelevant is offline   Reply With Quote