Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 4, 2004, 1:12 AM   #1

W1 or A95. I want a simple great results. It will be used for the usual ... Kids party's (so indoor with impatient moving kids) is important, Holiday snaps and general usage. I am no professional but would hate to spend good earned cash on a camera that is going to take worse quality shots than my aging 35mm Sure Shot. Indoor quality seems to be the problem with most of the digi cameras (mostly speed related.. slow shutter and so blurred images). I never noticed this problem with my 35mm using stock 400 ISO film.

DoI need to adjust my expectations of the technology or is the talk all too in-depth and over critical for the general user? :?

Please Help

A Digi Newbie
Adrian Byron-Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2004, 1:58 AM   #2

I was in a similar predicament recently over which digital camera to buy. I tryed out numerous cameras (including the two you mentionned), and I would have to say that for your usage, the W1 would be better because it has a faster start up time, focus time, and shot-to-shot time.

If you are moving to digital from film, you may not be aquainted with these delays. Unfourtunately, all digital cameras have them; some have them longer than others. In this respect the W1 is better. It also has a shape that makes it more easily pocketable than the A-series cameras. Unfourtunately, by going digital you will not be able to escape the slow-shutter speed problem, so be sure to have a steady hand for indoor shots.

I suggest that you go into stores such as Best-Buy and try both these cameras out. Also be aware that there are other cameras that fit your needs, such as the Canon S500, Sony P10, etc. Shop around in the stores and online before making your final decision
rg7 is offline   Reply With Quote