Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 9, 2004, 8:25 AM   #1

Please help. I have been researching digital cameras and would appreciate help making an informed decision. My requirements are basically 5MP or above (for creative cropping and still print at A4) with a resonable zoom (4 x or above if possible). I also wish to move on from the basic point and shoot, though I do want this functionality, to a more advanced SLR like camera and learn the features of such a camera on the job.
One camera I have come across that seems to have very good reviews (though I have only found 3) is the Casio Exilim Pro EX-P600. I notice this was also the winner of the European EISA digital compact camera awards 2004. This has 6.4 MP and 4 x optical zoom and retails for about £330. I have also had suggested a Fuji S7000 but equally I'm sure that there must be other cameras in this range by other makers. Has anyone had experience with these camera or would have alternative suggestions that are worthy of consideration.
Many thanks in advance for all your help and I hope this post will be of benefit to many users of this forum.
Ben Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:10 AM   #2

Having used the Olympus 8080 quite a bit, I would recommend that you look at this one too. Wide angle for indoor, panoramic and family shots, 8m pixels, and full manual control if required. Cropping motor racing shots (it is only 140mm) produced excellent results
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote