Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:40 AM   #1

Hey I'd like to thank you all who post in these forums they have proved to be very very helpful. Like many of you I am having serious issues deciding on an "all-in-one" digital camera. At first I was looking at many Digital camcorders that had still ability. Unfortunately I could not find one in the $400-$500 range that could take more than a 1mp stills. Since I take more pictures I decided to go with a Digital camera with Pentax Optio MX. While each of them have great individual features I can't seem to find one that really works for me. I love the Optio's compactness and control layout and video capacity, the Canon's extra goodies like IS, quality, etc, and I like the Minolta's reputation and quality. I know this has been asked a lot but can anybody recommend which one of those s probably overall the best, or a similar model that you like? Just to recap heres what I'm looking for no lower than 3mp still images, around 10x zoom (can compromise), fairly compact, and most importantly the ability to takeat least 15-30min of 640x480@30fps in either best/better (fine/superfine) mode depending on the memory card of course. Am I asking too much? or is the technology just not exactly there yet?

P.S. If you are a camera manufacturer and you can make me a camera like this we need to talk
xmustangmaniacx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links