Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:56 AM   #1

Hi there,

I've had a Casio QV-3000ex digital camera for a while now, while the image quality is pretty good (3 megapixels), its just a bit slow to use, and a bit on the bulky side for me now, so i'm looking to replace it, but the question is: what with?

At present I've been eyeing up a couple of cameras in particular - the Sony Cybershot P150, and the Fujifilm E550 - both are a nice size, and both seem to get a pretty good review by Steve himself. Both have good image quality from the sample pictures i've seen and can do 640x480 video for those occasions where it would be useful.

Which of the two cameras mentioned would you go for? Or is there something else with the same feaures you would rather go with?

I will be using it mainly for landscape outdoor shots, also where I live we get amazing sunsets so I like to snap these as well, however with my current camera it doesnt pick up the colours well on auto settings, so manual settings would be a requirement, as I like to fiddle with these to get the best picture.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Edit: I'm now very tempted to go for the Fuji e550 for a few reasons - lots of manual control for fiddling with, AA batteries instead of a proprietory battery, and 4x optical instead of 3x on the sony. I've also found a deal online which throws in a free 128mb memory card

Cactusweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links