Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:00 PM   #1

does anyone have a model release form i can print out and use?

i've tried searching, but got nothing but junk on altavista

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:03 PM   #2

i should have waited a min.

i found one on ss.com

here it is if anybody needs it:

I grant permission to Bradley Gilkison, to use my name and photographs taken of me on the date and at the location listed below in all forms of reproduction and media for advertising, trade, resale and any other lawful purposes.

I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph.

I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless Bradley Gilkison, hisagents, assigns, heirs or employees, including any firm publishing, distributing and/or displaying in whole or in part, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.

I am 18 years of age or older and I am competent to contract in my own name. I have read this release before signing below, and I fully understand the contents, meaning and impact of this release. I understand that I am free to address any specific questions regarding this release by submitting those questions in writing prior to signing, and I agree that my failure to do so will be interpreted as a free and knowledgeable acceptance of the terms of this release.

Location of Photo:

__________________________________________________ __

Name (please print):

Signature of guardian:
[if under 18 years of age]

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:20 PM   #3

Hum, both ASMP and PPoA require you to login to get their form, so you need to be a member to use theirs.

NYIP has a very short model release and a bit of an intro into using them. Model release

I think a form with too much legalese can scare people away if they think they don't understand what they are signing. One of the NYIP recommendations is to get local legal advice as a release that works in one place may not be valid in another.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote