Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 22, 2004, 2:02 PM   #1

:?Hi, I am new here but have just been scouring Steve's Digicams for a few weeks

trying to figure out what camera to buy, I had a Sony 3.3 megapixel Cybershot DSC-S70 and then a Sony DSC-P100 which was a wonderful camera, unfortunately I fell in my driveway and smashed it in the gravel and it's toast, the extended warranty doesn't cover abuse (as they call it) so I'm back to square 1 for a camera...

I loved the Sony P100 pictures but since discovering Steve's I feel I want to branch out a bit, I am on a budget of about $400 t0 $500 dollars, some of the cameras I have been considering are the Olympus Wide zoom 5060, Sony F717, and I love the color on the Fuiji's but not sure which one would be good, or a Nikon 5700, Pentax, see, I just cannot make up my mind and I know you all have wonderful information here, I love reading your forums, visiting Steve's reviews but they all sound great!

I take a lot of family pictures indoors and out, I love taking the small movies of my eight parrots and my llama and pygmy goats but I have also discovered macro and love doing flowers and insects!

Could someone please help me with a good camera in this price range that you feel would meet these needs?

I am not worried about size, I dont mind a bigger camera if the zoom would be great and I could get great shots, I only bought the smaller P100 because I found a great deal on it and wanted the 5 MP, but I really am interested in zoom , we live on 5 acres and have hundreds of squirrels in huge trees here that I would love to photograph and also birds on feeders.

Thank you for your time and any info you might give me:-)

Linda Gilliam (redparrot53@mchsi.com)

redparrot53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links