Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:46 PM   #1

Ok, so this is my first post here after browsing for a couple of days. So 'hi'.

As far as cameras are concerned, ive got a pretty good idea of the physical characteristics of the camera im looking for.

-Good ergonomics (I think I remember the p100 being a bit funky. fyi)
-Small form factor
-SD Card compatible (so i can share cards with my palm)
-as fast as possible.
-rechargable batteries. proprietary or whatever. id prefer a charger to be included with the camera.

So far ive been mostly considering the cp5200. however, in light of recent readings of articles concerning the quality of the pictures it takes, im having my doubts. but as far as everythign else is concerned, it fits perfectly (i.e. size, etc). So, what I guess I'm looking for is a camera with similar features of the cp5200, but better quality pics. I really need a small camera so i can take it everywhere, so i realize that i wont be able to get the best quality pics. Before i buy anything i want to be able to hold it in the store to see if it will be portable enough as well as svelte . haha, actually that's not a requirement. Other possible candidates: canon s500 elph? sony w1? what are your impressions on these cameras. etc. Thanks in advance to any replies. and if anything needs to be clarified just holler.
zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links