Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 26, 2004, 5:38 AM   #1

Hi I'm newbie here, and would like help from all the pros here.

Ok let's get to the problem.

I own a 1 year old Sony P10 and i'm very happy with the pictures and video quality,As i'm not a pro, i just use the auto settings, and the p10 did the job perfectly in my honest opinion. The only complaints i have is that the camera is quite big for my liking ,and also the LCD screen is too small

my Fiancee own a Kyocera Finecam S5 , and she really dissapointed with it , the pictures quality is good, but the lag from the time u turn on the camera and start taking pictures is just horrible, a lot of times she miss the object such as pets and moving oblects. So i told her to sell her Kyocera and give her my beloved Sony P10 instead.

Now the problem is that i want to buy aother camera for myself , things that important to me is that i want my camera to be as small as possible and also having at least same or better image than my P10 could give.After deciding for a while, my picks is the Casio Z40.Nice design, fabulous battery life.But after a while i started to notice a bad things about it. Though it has a big 2" LCD but the resolution on the LCD it self is very bad , not as good as the P10 which only has 1,5"LCD!I told my self thats it's not a big problem. BUt when i took it with me during a vacation to a beach side, then i realise that i made a wrong choice, the Picture quality is really really bad!! Wheter it;s indoor or outdoor shots, the piceture seems to have alot of noise , and also the pixelation is very noticeable! (I always use auto mode as i dont know how to set the manual controls) Compared to my P10 .I always use 3MP on my P10 , so i expect same or even better picture on my Z40 using it;s full 4MP resolution.

Anyway i'm very dissapointed with my Z40 and now i'm in search again for a cameraa that would perfectlly fit my needs. I was thingking about the SONY T1 , cause i really like the model and also that 2,5 LCD and also after my good impressions of sony from my P10.

Is the T1the perfect camera for me ?? can somebody help me ??

What i need from a camera are:

-As small as possible

-At least 3 MP

-large LCD

i normally use my digicam in auto mode, cause i'm a begginer :P

but some times ineed to adjust manually to get a best picture when i took a fist tank picture as naturall as it should.

for additionnal information, i mainly use my camera to photograph decorated fish tanks(as i work as a fish tank decorator) When i photograph a fish tank i never use anyflash as the fish tank has it own light and also because the flash will be reflected by the glass. And also i sometimes take my camera on vacation, parties, function dinner, anything , and everyday life.

I heard taht the T1 has a bad flash range, but how does this effect the picture qualitty compared to the P10 that i previously owned ? And also is the T1 picture qualitty will be much worse than the P10 or just slightly?

I dont need a sophisticated state-of-the-art camera, i just need a simple piont-and-shoot camera that's is small and also give me a decent picture name it outdoor, indoor, night or in bright sun light.Thatwill give me about the same image quality that i had with my p10

Please help me or give me some info, if the T1 is not that perfect for me, than can somebody please recommend me others ?

Or is there any other brand that better than sony?

not that i had sony but i hate the price ot that memory stick and also cause i have alot of un use MMC and SD cards.

So can sobebody give me somelights for finding a compact digicam that suite me best ?

sorry for my broken english

thx for the help:?

10-Dee-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:20 PM   #2

How about Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7? This camera have a high quaility 2.5 LCD Display, 3x optical zoom combines with a 4x digital zoom. Also, it has Image Stabilisation technology to correct hand-movement.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 12:48 PM   #3

I have an interesting option you might check it out if it suits your needs:

I recently discovered the Casio EX-P600 while browsing myself for a camera. I'm pretty hard to please mainly bcause I look for a 28mm wide zoom, and this narrows down the search very much. This is also because that I want a travel pocketable camera. For me it can be Canon S60 (28-100mm) or the Canon A95 with the 0.7X conversion lens.

codz is offline   Reply With Quote