Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:39 PM   #1

I am looking to buy a second, back up camera for my Minolta Z1. The reliability issues for the Z1 make me want a capable backup. I am considering the Minolta X31, Nikon 3200 and the Pentax Optio S40. I really dont care much about performance issues such as cycle time (although shutter lag is definitely important), battery life, weight, casing, etc. The main thing I want for this camera is image quality, particularly with respect to outdoors, landscape photos. From what I have heard, seen, and read, the Nikon takes great pics but is succeptible to blurry images fairly often due to hand shake. I am concerned that the Minolta does not have a Viewfinder as the LCDs often are hard to see in bright daylight, which is the main place I would be taking images. The Pentax S40 reviews all rate it moderate for a 4 MP camera. My question is, is it moderate in general or is it moderate in comparison to other 4 MP cameras? I.e., would it be better than the 3 MP cameras the 3200 or X31? Any advice on which 3 of these cameras to get? Outdoors image quality (color and sharpness) is the most important criteria. Thanks!
ChrisAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links